In March 2017, the team of JDI France organised a series of events in Paris for Sciences Po students and for its sister organisations, JDI Czech Republic and JDI Switzerland. This was a unique opportunity for students of the University of Economics in Prague (led by JDI Czech Republic) and Graduate Institute of Geneva (led by JDI Switzerland) to gather together with JDI France in Paris and network with students of Sciences Po Paris. JDI France organised multiple Embassy visits and a seminar at Sciences Po.
Students of both JDI teams from Universities of Economics in Prague and Graduate Institute in Geneva had the opportunity to discover the diplomatic practice in France and discuss contemporary issues with experienced professionals and ambassadors.
The schedule of the week was as follows:
- A visit and discussion at the Dutch Embassy with the Defense Attaché Colonel S. M. Luijten and the First Secretary (Political Affairs) Mr Robert Zimmerman; - A visit and discussion at the British Embassy with Mr Charles King, the Head of Foreign Policy; - A Seminar with Ambassador Caron on The Non-Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction;
- A visit and discussion at the Residence of the Australian Ambassador with H.E. Stephen Brady;
- A visit and discussion at the Indian Embassy with the Indian Ambassador H.E. Mohan Kumar;
- A visit and discussion at the Swiss Embassy with the Swiss Ambassador, H.E. Bernardino Regazzoni;
- A visit and discussion at the German Embassy with Mr Thomas Gobel, the Head of Embassy's Press Section